A page to review any language learning resource that you've used. When it comes to resources that require money these reviews can be especially helpful for deciding whether or not to purchase/subscribe.
- A good place to start learning your first 1000-2000 words
- Can be very boring
- Too many ads on mobile versions
- Has a very good import feature both on the website, and as a browser extension. You can import webpages, pdfs, epubs, and upload audio as well.
- Useful tool to get you reading and listening to engaging content
- $10 USD per month
- User generated content is difficult to navigate. It is difficult to navigate your own content as well.
- Free alternatives like LWT available
- Not really a pro or a con, but it is so easy to translate text using LingQ that you can fall into a trap of over-translating and not trying to decipher a word or phrase based on context which can hinder your progress.
- You can achieve a similar experience without having to import or upload anything by using a translation extension in your browser. See: Simple Translate , Google Translate